Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Does anybody have any quick, easy, healthy and tasty recipes conducive to weight loss and healthy living?

I grew up cooking like a classic midwesterner and most of the recipes I know are fattening. At almost 40 now, it is catching up with me and I need advice on recipes, food ideas and/or some websites that you have tried/tested some recipes. I like all kinds of foods, just don't know how to make the healthy ones. I usually cook for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children so kid friendly is a bonus!). I also would like to be able to pass down more healthy cooking/eating habits to my children so that none of us ends up like my grand parents and aunts %26amp; uncles (VERY obese). We have already dramatically cut back on the sodas and junk food, only have it on rare special occasions and don't keep that stuff in the house. Thank you for your help!Does anybody have any quick, easy, healthy and tasty recipes conducive to weight loss and healthy living?
I have 27. How would I get them to you?Apple muffins. banana muffins. basic veggie soup. bran+date muffins. Brazilian chicken. Californian summer salad. carrot muffins. Chinese chicken. creamy basil and parsley kingklip(Fish). creamy mushroom and shrimp linguini. creamy stuffed potatoes. devil`s chocolate fudge brownies. fat free lasagne. fat free muffins. garden spinach soup. green pea soup. lightly curried rice salad. millionaire`s fish pie. mixed berry pavlova. pasta marinara prune muffins quick bread quick chicken stroganoff. sole with three-mustard and dill sauce. sour cream and chives dressing oil free. spiced carrot soup. tomato soup. All these recipes are non fattening Pick those you want and email the names with you email address and I will send them along in MS word form.Good luck.Does anybody have any quick, easy, healthy and tasty recipes conducive to weight loss and healthy living?
Grilled chicken with green vegetables. Its all about balanced meals, if you serve meals that include a protein and green veg with a little fat, olive oil, you have a well balanced meal. Greens will make you lean!
Fajita Style One-Dish Chicken Dinner


I made this one up one night while digging through the refrigerator for dinner. Everyone I've ever made it for just raves about it! One of my alltime favorite dishes.


1 package fajita seasoning mix


2 boneless skinless chicken breasts


1 red pepper


1 yellow pepper


grated cheddar cheese


2 cups cooked rice


vegetable oil (for frying)


2-3 servings





1. chop chicken breast into chunks.


2. fry chicken quickly until almost cooked through.


3. remove chicken from pan.


4. cook peppers for 2-3 minutes.


5. put chicken back in pan with peppers.


6. add fajita seasoning and 1/4 cup water.


7. cook til chicken is done.


8. put mixture over rice and top with grated cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment