Monday, August 23, 2010

Where can I find Slowcooker Recipes that are Healthy?

I've been looking all over the web and I can't seem to find any that aren't high in fat and caloriesWhere can I find Slowcooker Recipes that are Healthy?
Yeah, the person who suggested Allrecipes.com, that is a great website. I go to it all the time...Where can I find Slowcooker Recipes that are Healthy?
Slow Cooker Apple-Scented Venison Roast





Ingredients-


1 tablespoon olive oil


3 pounds boneless venison roast


1 large apple, cored and quartered


2 small onions, sliced


4 cloves crushed garlic


1 cup boiling water


1 cube beef bouillon





Preparation-


Spread the olive oil on the inside of a slow cooker. Place the venison roast inside, and cover with apple, onions, and garlic. Turn to Low, and cook until the roast is tender, about 6 to 8 hours.


When the roast has cooked, remove it from the slow cooker, and place onto a serving platter. Discard the apple. Stir the water and bouillon into the slow cooker until the bouillon has dissolved. Serve this as a sauce with the roast.
I Have a book I really like : Fix it and Forget it Lightly


Healthy, Low-Fat recipes for your slow cooker


Author: Phyllis Pellman Good
the trick is to use lean cuts of meat for your recipes. Trim all excess fat. If using canned stock use low-sodium and low fat stocks. Use plenty of vegetables.





Try out www.allrecipes.com


They have a great slow cooker section that changes on a regular basis so there are always new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment