Monday, August 23, 2010

Where can I find healthy but great recipes for potentially overweight children?

http://dmoz.org/Home/Cooking/For_Childre鈥?/a>





This link will bring up a page with links to dozens of websites with kid friendly recipes





or





http://www.kidshealth.org/kid/recipes/in鈥?/a>


has lots of great options





good luck:)Where can I find healthy but great recipes for potentially overweight children?
show them those starving children all over the world....help them know that you love them as they are but they must be true to themselves and be realistic ...God bless!Amen!Where can I find healthy but great recipes for potentially overweight children?
If this is for your own family, I recently signed up for savingdinner. It is an online menu service that sends dinner menus (6 a week), along with recipes and a shopping list. They have several different types of menus to choose from, including low fat, heart-healthy, low carb (focuses on veggies, not fatty meats), and one called Body Clutter, which uses the low carb dinner menus and includes menus for all the other meals a day, plus snacks as well.


My children are not overweight, but I am. Since I have begun using Saving Dinner, I always know what's for dinner, and don't have to spend two hours planning my own menus. Saving money and time, because I get everything I need at the store in one trip. Most notably, my family is eating a lot more veggies, and I mean a lot. Most of the time, I don't have room in my two crispers for all the veggies I purchase each week, and for the most part, they aren't just sitting in there and rotting, they're getting used.


The recipes are good. Sometimes I get one my family doesn't like, but that's pretty much true with everything. Sometimes I adjust one because I think it's too expensive (shrimp three weeks in a row), or because I don't think they will like it (Pork Picatta is too lemony, I use less lemon).


The recipes aren't difficult or too time consuming. They are tasty. If we're eating more veggies, that has to be good, right? If you'd like to know more, feel free to e-mail me.


Also, my favorite recipe website is www.allrecipes.com. They have thousands of recipes and some are grouped in different ways - perhaps they have one for healthy, fun recipes for kids.
You should first check with your doctor, he may have some recipes. (No kidding, my ob gyn gave me a diet after I had my first baby and I lost weight on it)


But if you don't want to try the doctor route, weight watchers has a magazine with some fantastic low fat recipes in it. Also South Beach DIet has a great recipe book. Either one of these recipe books, and they're good recipes, they probably won't even know they're eating healthy.
Check out Kids Health





http://www.kidshealth.org/index.html





Besides having lots of recipes they have a lot of great articles on parenting, a kids area and even a teen area. It's a huge site with a lot of great information.
Weight watchers
  • makeup techniques
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment