Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Recipes with healthy foods hidden?

There are some cookbooks like Deceptively Delicious that have ways of putting healthy foods, vegetables, etc.. in normal recipes to make it healthy for children. I wanted to find some of those types of recipes online, know any websites?Recipes with healthy foods hidden?
When I was younger my mom used to mix mashed potatoes and carrots so it was like we were eating orange mashed potatoes. I often mix spinach with rice. Lasagna is another way to add veggies and the children wouldn't notice.Recipes with healthy foods hidden?
My mom used to blend pinto beans in the blender, and add the puree to chili, so I wouldn't know there were beans in it.





My daughter doesn't like mashed potatoes or spinach, but when I mix them together, she loves them.





I also put spinach in her hamburgers.





My daughter will eat anything if I tell her that her favorite tv characters eat it.
um maybe smoothies? or maybe like chicken noodle soup or tomato soup or any kind of yummy soup. um or what u can do is like maybe celery with peanut butter or for a website try:





http://www.thesneakychef.com/





however it doesnt really have that many recipes because it actually is just a promo website for the actual book which is pretty cool at least i think so and u can but the book used for 10 something at barnes and noble and less than 10 at amazon.com but i really dont like buying online book cause it takes forever to come unless u do the speedy delivery thing and a unused book cost 10.77 at amazon, 0.75 more than a barnes and noble used, a barnes and noble new cost about 18 dollars i think. then agian u can just use the one they give u at the website.
no.. but try vegetable soup.
One of my favorite Food Network shows is hosted by Ellie Kriegers. She's a registered dietician and makes great updates to recipes to make them more healthy and still delicious.





On foodnetwork.com check out the ';Healthy Eating'; tab and you can find wonderful and tasty recipes.





Good luck and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment