Friday, July 30, 2010

Anyone have easy and healthy recipes?

I am about to be a mom, and I want to eventually be a working mom. The truth is I am not really good at cooking healthy meals. Which never really worried me when it was just me and my husband but I don't want my baby growing up on hamburger helper and caned vegetables. So, do you have easy healthy recipes or a good website for easy healthy meals? I just want my family to be healthier. Anyone have easy and healthy recipes?
Here you can find some of the top rated healthy recipes;


http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Healthy-Co鈥?/a>





and here you can find more recipes:


http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Healthy-Co鈥?/a>





---Anyone have easy and healthy recipes?
Here's a recipe I've made through the years. People tell me it's pretty healthy. It is very tasty.





Canadian Living Chicken Tortilla Soup








3 boned and skinned chicken breasts


4 corn tortillas


2 TB vegetable oil


2 cloves garlic, minced


1 onion, chopped


1 teaspoon ground cumin


录 teaspoon chili powder


1 red and green bell peppers


4 plum tomatoes, chopped


4 cups chicken stock


1 cup corn kernels


录 cup fresh coriander, chopped








Cut chicken breasts into diagonal strips; set aside. Cut tortillas


into 1/4-inch thick strips. In large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of


the oil over medium-high heat; cook tortilla strips, stirring, for


about 2 minutes until crisp. Remove strips to papers towels to drain.


Add remaining oil, garlic, onion, cumin and chilli powder to pan;


cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until


softened. Add chicken and red and yellow (or green) bell peppers and


cook until chicken is golden, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, chicken


stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes. Add


corn; cook 2 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Lade into bowls and top


with tortilla strips and coriander.





Serves 6











Recipe By : Canadian Living 20th Anniversary Cookbook





Categories:


Soups, Stews and Sauces








Source





Canadian Living





--



Does your family like sweet potatoes? They are really easy to make if you bake them and super healthy.





Here's a recipe that I use when I make baked sweet potatoes because I can't stand to eat them plain. All I use is a little low-sodium soy sauch and a little brown sugar





http://buzz.prevention.com/community/ginag/easy-teriyaki-baked-sweet-potatoes





Good Luck!
Get yourself the joy of cooking cookbook, it's full of recipes %26amp; techniques will definitely come in handy to you!






I use this website a lot for healthy recipes and ideas.


http://eatingwell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment