Monday, November 21, 2011

What are some healthy cupcake/cake recipes for babies 1st birthday?

i really want to find something easy to make for my daughter. She will be one on sept 13th. I want something without sugar and a good recipe for frosting also. i cannot decide on if i should make cupcakes or just a cake? Please share your opinions and what you did. thanksWhat are some healthy cupcake/cake recipes for babies 1st birthday?
My opinion is you shouldn't worry about healthy when it comes to birthday cakes. There are 364 other days in the year to be healthy. And no sugar doesn't necessarily mean healthy!What are some healthy cupcake/cake recipes for babies 1st birthday?
you can try a muffin recipe. banana muffins arent bad and im sure kids will like them.


heres a no-sugar banana muffin recipe





- 1 cup mashed bananas


- 1 egg


- 1/2 cup water


- 1/2 cup vegetable oil


- 2 cups flour


- 1 teaspoon baking soda


- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder





350 degrees F for 15 mins.





heres a link to a site, the recipes are supposed to be healthy muffin recipes. http://www.bellybytes.com/recipe/muffins鈥?/a>
I would say as far as cupcakes, the less artificial coloring the better. My friend used Cool Whip on the cupcakes instead of frosting. Still not what I would consider healthy, but better at least.





We have a specialty grocery chain in Oregon called Wild Oats and they have a full organic bakery. So, that is where we got my daughters cake. I am sure you could find one that offers organic/reduced sugar cakes. But no worries, I would not stress too much about it, a little bit of sugar won't hurt her :).
September 13 is my birthday! I was be 24 though lol.





Here is a website with a lot of healthy cake recipes. I think you should do a small cake for her, like a cup cake, and a larger cake for everyone else. That way your baby can have fun with her cake and everyone else can enjoy it as well.





http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/collec鈥?/a>
Just a question can your baby not have sugar? Is there a reason they cant just have fun on thier first birthday? I would google healthy cake recipies im sure you will come up with several.





THANKS FOR THE THUMBS DOWN BUT I WAS JUST ASKING. My son is one tomorrow and he is getting yummy cake just like everyone else!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment